- 1/2 box Anne’s 24 oz. Flat Dumplings
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onions
- 1 cup coarsely chopped assorted colored peppers
- 1 large can or 2- 15 oz. cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 small can tomato paste- about 4 tablespoons or 1-15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese or cheddar if you prefer
- Salt, pepper to taste
In a 4-quart pot, boil 2 quarts of water with a teaspoon of salt. When boiling, begin to add 4-6 frozen dumplings at a time, keeping water boiling. A half box is about 8 layers or 24 strips. Cook for 8 minutes. Turn off heat.
While dumplings are cooking in a heavy 2-quart saucepan or skillet that has a lid, begin to brown the ground beef uncovered. When it is lightly browned, add the onions and peppers. Stir together, cooking on high for about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and/or tomato paste and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 3 more minutes as juices thicken. Strain the dumplings in a colander and pour dumplings into pan with sauce. Fold dumplings into sauce. Turn off heat. Sprinkle top with cheese and cover with lid. This is a quick and easy meal ready in about 20 minutes. For a pizza like flavor, microwave pepperoni on a paper towel covered plate until crisp like bacon and top your dish with these tasty, crispy morsels.